FOR BELCY OR FOR WORSTπŸ™„
✨πŸ’–✨πŸ’–✨πŸ’–✨πŸ’–✨πŸ’–✨πŸ’–✨πŸ’–✨πŸ’–✨


CHAPTER 2πŸ‘️πŸ‘️


It had been two weeks now and Belcy had been getting worst. It had kept me in a terrible mood. Belcy was someone I had seen an angel in. I badly wanted her to be ok again so that we could carry on with our plans.


My mum was back in the country. I had decided to wait until she had fully settled down before approaching her with Belcy’s issue. When I was sure I was ready, I walked up to my mum one day when my dad was away and we had this conversation.


“Good morning, mum.” I said.


“Good morning, son. How are you?”


“Good, mum. There is something I wish to discuss with you. I need to ask a favour from you. It’s a difficult one and I am hoping you will help me in this.” I said, sitting down.


“What is it, son? Please tell me.”


“Promise me that you won’t refuse, mum.”


She had been reading a newspaper, now she put the paper on the table, removed her reading glasses and peered at me intently.


“You know I don’t make promises. So, go ahead and tell me what you want. Have you gotten Belcy pregnant? If that’s the case, then forget it. I don’t want any abortion in my house.” She said, sternly.


“It’s far from that, mum. Belcy is not pregnant. Belcy is dying.”


“What? What is killing her?” She asked, alarmed.


“She has cancer, mum. The doctor said she has just about three months to live. It’s been two weeks already. I don’t want her to die.”


“So, what do you want to do? You are not a doctor, are you?” She asked.


“I am not. I was hoping that she could fly abroad and get a better treatment.” I ventured to say.


“Hmm!! Cancer is a dangerous ailment. Flying her abroad is a smart choice, but last time I checked her parents were poor. How are they going to be able to treat her abroad?”


“That’s where we come in, mum. I wish that we help them. I don’t want Belcy to die. If she dies, I will literally crumble to pieces. I love her a lot.”


“My son, that is a difficult thing to do. For starters, you are not married to her, yet. Another thing, your father has already spent too much money for your trip abroad to further your education. He cannot be ready for any other expenditure. The worst part is that Belcy is not a family member.”


“So, mum, are we going to allow her die?”


“We are not the ones who want her to die. She just happened to find herself in an unfortunate and unsavory situation. I wish I could help but I am afraid I can’t,” My mum said, frankly.


I could not believe what was happening to me. I was hoping that my mum would be easier to deal with, compared to my dad. Now, my mum was proving to be tough. What was I going to do? I decided to apply a little more pressure. 


“Can I propose something?” I asked.


“Yes”


“What if I forgo my travelling and we use the money on her. What do you think, mum?”


“You are mad. Your dad would have none of it. You are our only son and we want the best for you. We have just two children. Your younger sister, Joy and you. We want to give you guys whatever you want in this life. So, stop complicating our life.” 


My mum was serious about this and wanted no more of the conversation. She wore her glasses, picked up her newspaper and continued reading. That was a way of telling me to leave. I sat there for a while and I didn’t know what to do. What was I going to tell Belcy? She had already seen this coming. She had already warned me that there was a likely hood that my parents were going to say no. I decided I would ask one last favour from my mum before going. 


I went on my knees and begged her to take the matter to my dad. I implored her to use every womanly skill to get my dad to budge. She refused at first but when she realized that I would give her no peace until she changed her mind, she finally agreed grudgingly.


In the evening, my dad came home. After he had eaten and rested. He went to relax in his bedroom. A few minutes later, my mum followed her. She must have brought up the topic immediately, because about thirty minutes later, I heard my dad shouting at the top of his voice and calling my name. 


“Where is that foolish boy?” He asked at the top of his voice. “Where is that Roy?”


I shivered at the sound of his voice. I not only feared my dad’s anger, I hated it too. 


“I am here, dad.” I said, walking hurriedly to his bedroom. 


When I got there, he stared at me for full one minute before speaking. When he spoke, his voice was calmer but not less threatening. 


“I heard you are a married man now.” He mocked.


“No, dad”


“No, you are. Only married men  have money to spend on women. Not tolk of that kind of amount. You want to send a woman abroad for treatment. On who’s account? From who’s pocket?


“Dad, she is dying.” I said, meekly. 


“Yes, Mr. Life Saver. You want to save her life. With my money. Look here young man, you have to be very careful or you will run into serious trouble with me.”


“Dad, please!!!” 


"Will you shut up young man?!!” He shouted.


“Honey, please take it easy on him.” My mum tried to interrupt.


“Woman, stay out of this. Don’t you see that your son has been bewitched? This is a clear case of love portion.” He said and then turned his attention back to me. “Tell that Belcy that I want to see her tomorrow in this house. Do you understand?”


“Yes, dad”


“Now leave my sight with your foolishness.”


I left my dad’s bedroom sadly. I had failed myself and I had also failed Belcy. I decided that if my parents didn’t consider Belcy, I would not be going abroad for any studies.


TO BE CONTINUED…πŸ€‘✍️✍️✍️✨


(Written by Tim's Stories)

🌏✨🌏✨🌏✨🌏✨🌏✨🌏✨🌏✨🌏✨🌏

Kindly leave your opinions in the comments session below.

Follow us on:

πŸ”₯ Facebook: "SAKIA360 SERVICES"

πŸ”₯ Watsap Channel: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaEEwKQCXC3LBNBbam1z



Comments

Popular posts from this blog